The Curbsiders Internal Medicine Podcast
Supercharge your learning and enhance your practice with this Internal Medicine Podcast featuring board certified Internists as they interview the experts to bring you clinical pearls, practice changing knowledge and bad puns. Doctors Matthew Watto, Stuart Brigham, Paul Williams and friends (a national network of students, residents and clinician educators) deliver a little knowledge food for your brain hole. Yummy! No boring lectures here, just high value content and a healthy dose of humor. Fantastic for Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Primary Care, and Hospital Medicine.
#285 Common Skin Complaints in Primary Care (Dermsiders)
Walk with us through common skin complaints in primary care, focusing on the trunk and extremities. Our favorite skinternist, Dr. Helena Pasieka (Chief of Dermatology at Kashlak) schools us on tinea versicolor, the fluff test, treatment of skin tags, how to work up and manage generalized pruritus, venous insufficiency, and how to get ready for sandal season in the face of onychomycosis. #dermismedicine!
Free CME for this episode at curbsiders.vcuhealth.org!
- Producers: Maddie “Mad Dog” Morgan, Edison Jyang
- Infographic and Cover Art: Edison Jyang
- Writer: Beth Garbs Garbitelli
- Hosts: Matthew Watto MD, FACP; Paul Williams MD, FACP
- Reviewer: Emi Okamoto MD, FACP
- Editor: Emi Okamoto MD, FACP (written materials); Clair Morgan of nodderly.com
- Guest: Dr. Helena Pasieka
Listeners get 20% off at qalo.com/curb (Promo code: CURB20)
Go to GreenChef.com/curb100 and use code curb100 to get $100 off including free shipping!
Sponsor: Provider Solutions & Development info.PSDConnect.org/curbsiders
Start the conversation or reach out to one of their career navigators today at info.PSDConnect.org/curbsiders
CME Partner: VCU Health CE
The Curbsiders are partnering with VCU Health Continuing Education to offer FREE continuing education credits for physicians and other healthcare professionals. Visit curbsiders.vcuhealth.org to claim credit.
- Intro, disclaimer, guest bio
- Guest one-liner
- Picks of the Week*
- Tinea (pityriasis) versicolor and the fluff test, bumps, and lesions
- Generalized Pruritus: clinical features, work-up and supportive care
- Lower Extremity Venous Insufficiency and Lipodermatosclerosis
- Take-Home Points
Search Results placeholder