Supercharge your learning and enhance your practice with this Internal Medicine Podcast featuring board certified Internists as they interview the experts to bring you clinical pearls, practice-changing knowledge, and bad puns. Doctors Matthew Watto, Paul Williams, and friends (a national network of students, residents, and clinician-educators) deliver a little knowledge food for your brain hole. Yummy! No boring lectures here, just high-value content and a healthy dose of humor. Fantastic for Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Primary Care, and Hospital Medicine.
Demystify hearing loss, identify who will benefit from hearing aids and learn to evaluate hearing complaints in primary care including an overview of tinnitus and how to recognize and treat Meniere’s disease with guest expert, Dr. Steven Rauch (Harvard University).
Claim free CME for this episode at curbsiders.vcuhealth.org!
- Intro, disclaimer, guest bio
- Case from Kashlak;
- Definitions, etiology and risk factors for hearing loss
- Initial workup for hearing loss
- What is an audiogram and what does it show
- Hearing loss red flags
- How to manage hearing loss
- Tinnitus: what can help patients
- Diagnose, distinguish and treat Meniere’s disease
- Script and Show Notes written by, Produced by: Kate Grant MBChB, MRCGP and Andréa Perdigão
- Infographic and Cover Art: Kate Grant MBChB, MRCGP
- Hosts: Matthew Watto MD, FACP; Paul Williams MD, FACP
- Reviewer: Molly Heublein MD
- Showrunners: Matthew Watto MD, FACP; Paul Williams MD, FACP
- Technical Production: PodPaste
- Guest: Steve Rauch MD