Supercharge your learning and enhance your practice with this Internal Medicine Podcast featuring board certified Internists as they interview the experts to bring you clinical pearls, practice-changing knowledge, and bad puns. Doctors Matthew Watto, Paul Williams, and friends (a national network of students, residents, and clinician-educators) deliver a little knowledge food for your brain hole. Yummy! No boring lectures here, just high-value content and a healthy dose of humor. Fantastic for Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Primary Care, and Hospital Medicine.
- Intro, disclaimer, guest bio
- Guest one-liner, Picks of the Week*
- Case from Kashlak; Definitions
- Differential diagnosis for GAD
- Counseling about diagnosis
- Initial guidance on first-line management, apps for mindfulness
- Prescribing basics, SSRI and SNRI considerations
- Bridging with hydroxyzine and buspirone
- Monitoring treatment response
- Managing side effects
- Tapering medication
- Alternative agents, atypical antipsychotics, and benzos
- Take Home points, Outro
- Producer, Scriptwriter, Show Notes, Infographic/Cover Art: Beth Garbitelli
- Hosts: Matthew Watto MD, FACP; Paul Williams MD, FACP, Beth Garbitelli
- Reviewer: Emi Okamoto MD
- Showrunner: Matthew Watto MD, FACP
- Production Team: PodPaste
- Guest: Dheepa Sekar MD
Sponsor: Panacea Financial
Visit betterhelp.com/curb for 10% of your first month.
CME Partner: VCU Health CE
The Curbsiders are partnering with VCU Health Continuing Education to offer FREE continuing education credits for physicians and other healthcare professionals. Visit curbsiders.vcuhealth.org and search for this episode to claim credit.